HOME ALARM SYSTEM PERTH
home alarm systems perth secnetco.com.au web site website designer perth web hosting perth new home alarms stylewebs green office renovations home alarm system perth alarm systems are a worthwhile website design perth investment greenofficeaustralia.com in the protection of your home and family home alarm systems perth Studies reveal that it is far less likely that you stylewebs.net will home alarm systems perth become twocanwebs.com toucanwebs.com the web company perth victim of a burglary at home if you new free home have a website google yahoo correctly fitted and home alarm system perth well ecofriendly maintained burglar alarm office renovations perth however secnetco.com.au they should be regarded only as one secnetco alarmperth.com element within a complete security package perimeter alarms perth outdoor alarms perth website designer perth home alarm system perth
Internal security home alarm systems
What do security home alarm systems include ?
home alarm systems perth alarms
A general home alarm systems option can often rely on a combination of contacts placed at doors and windows and motion sensors within the building. It is recommended that all exterior potential points of entry have contacts to sense when they have been opened. Glass break sensors are also a vailable and recommended. Motion sensors should not be used as the primary means of detection as they do not detect someone until they are already in the house.
The key elements of a Perth home security system
Control panel is where the system wiring terminates, the backup battery is located and where the system is connected to the phone lines if it is a monitored system.
- Keypad is where the system is armed and disarmed.
- Siren and light is on the outside of the building.
- Inside motion detector to sense changes in a room caused by human presence. Special motion detectors are available for people who have pets.
- Door and window contacts to activate the alarm when the door or window is opened (and the system is on).
- A monitoring centre (Company) If the system is monitored, and the alarm is set off, the control panel sends an alert to the central monitoring station, which is manned 24 hours a day.
Home alarm monitoring
After attempting to contact the homeowner, the central monitoring station will contact the security guard on patrol, police, fire department, or medics depending on the contract specifications you have with the monitoring company. There is a corresponding service and or monthly fee for this feature.
Home security system additions
- Smoke detectors
- Glass-break detectors
- Panic buttons
- Pressure mats under rugs or carpets
- Closed circuit TV allowing monitoring and/or recording inside or outside a home
- Alarm screens for windows
- Perimeter security beams – often called an ‘invisible wall’ as outdoor alarm systems
Costs of security systems vary depending on the grade you have requested. Generally we suggest any systems installed today should be of the highest grade you can sensibly afford. This is determined when the Risk Consultant analyses your home, family, lifestyle, movements and your possessions and discusses with you what is best suited to your budget and daily needs. We cater to all budgets.
Monitored or unmonitored security system?
Monitored home alarm systems typically work as follows:
1) The security system senses an intruder
2) The security system monitoring alert is delayed for 30 to 45 seconds to give the homeowner a chance to deactivate the system to prevent a false alarm
3) If the alarm is not deactivated the security system sends a message to the monitoring company via the telephone line.
4) The monitoring company receives the message and verifies the alarm, generally by placing a phone call to the home contact phone number or your mobile. If they do not receive an answer or do not get the correct password, they put into action the sequence of actions you determined with your Risk Consultant.
5) The sequence of actions can for example include security patrol call out, secondary siren activated, audible warnings activated, owner notified, police notified etc.
Unmonitored systems typically have on-site audible alarms and/or flashing lights.
- It relies on neighbours to call the police.
- Neighbours or passersby should never investigate an alarm themselves.
- With an unmonitored system, it is best to have a combination of strobe lights plus audible alarms.
- These should be located on the side of the house, visible from the street, in an inaccessible spot.
How to choose a home alarm company in Perth
Choosing an alarm company can be confusing and the technology complicated.
Here are some suggestions:
- Check with the company – if you already have a standard alarm ask if they will upgrade it for you.
- Find out how quickly the alarm company will install your system after purchase.
- Determine how quickly they respond to requests for service after installation. Ask for references from some of their customers who have required service and talk to these people.
- Ask about warranties and the regularity of servicing your system.
- Enquire if they will have a qualified Risk Consultant to visit you to discuss the options available – not just a quote over the phone or the choice of a ‘package deal’ from a brochure or the internet.
- Ensure the company you choose will give you the correct security for your home, these days it can be done with very well hidden detectors and beams so you feel secure without the feel or look of a prison!
- Lastly, when comparing prices remember to compare detection coverage and features. Not all alarms are created equal. There are many mass produced alarms today that are arguably little or no deterrent to the average intruder.
Perth home alarm systems, things to remember
Burglars know that most security systems sound inside the house then the alarm is routed to remote locations through the telephone line.
Most phone lines are typically exposed on the outside of the house in an easily accessible location – where the phone line can be tampered with. If the telephone line is cut, the security alarm system cannot notify the central monitoring station of the break-in.
If the phone line is run underground until it is inside the home (with the main telephone junction box inside the home), the intruder cannot tamper with the telephone line until after they are in the house.
Having a protected phone line to your house is a good idea whether you have a security alarm system or not.
Remember that internal security systems do not prevent thieves from breaking into your home. Alarm systems that activate before the intruder gains entry have the ability to stop this happening. These are called outdoor alarm systems.
A good security plan should include strong, window and door lock products and above all good security habits.